Friday, May 14, 2010

Why? The answer.

I've seen the look in peoples' eyes, even people very close to me, as I talk about G. It's a look of confusion and fear. They are polite and they nod their head and say "wow... that's awesome" or "good for you". But, they really just don't get it.

I don't know how... but I'm going to try to explain.

This little girl who lives on the other side of the world is ALREADY our daughter.

No, we don't know her yet. But, we know she lives.

And as any mother's heart would, it aches for this little girl. I miss her....even though I've never met her.

And as any father would... S misses that he is not kissing his daughter good night tonight.

To many around us she is sort of an abstract idea, one that they can't quite wrap their minds around. To us...

She is VERY much real. She's like the unborn child in a mother's womb. You know she is there, and EVERY day, every hour, every minute... you think of her. You think of what she will look like and you wonder what will make her smile and what will make her cry.

Every time we look at the empty chair at the dinner table, we are reminded that someone is missing. And your heart aches just a bit more. And you wonder... what is she doing RIGHT NOW? Is she happy or sad? Is she healthy or weak? Is she walking? Talking? Sleeping? Eating? Playing? Does she love? and who?

Just for a moment, imagine that your child.... the one asleep in their bed right now... isn't actually in their bed. He or she is far away. You don't know what she did today. You don't know if she got a booboo that you weren't there to kiss, if she was fed a good healthy meal (probably not), or if she was held and snuggled. You didn't get to read her a book or play a silly game, you didn't give her a hug this morning or a kiss good night.

What would you do?

So, when people ask me "why"... I simply have trouble answering.

Because we have a daughter, her name is G, and we need bring her home.






5 comments:

  1. AMEN! May God grant you patience, confidence and His peace on your journey to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome. I love you--and your whole clan. I get it, and I think it's perfect and lovely, and honest to God, I wish more of us were just like you and S. xoxoxo.(Gosh, I just realized that I've known you my entire conscious life. That's really strange to think about...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait until your invisible red thread is shortened and I can see her little face in Faith Quest as you bring the clan! This is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully described!! I know EXACTLY what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written! I am right there with you sister!!

    ReplyDelete