Saturday, February 16, 2013

Trip down memory lane... wanna come?

Today marks two years since Steve and I boarded that plane at the Newark airport and took off on a journey that was JUST THE BEGINNING of a the journey of a lifetime.

I'm not talking about just the trip to China.  Sure, that was a journey of lifetime.  But, really those two weeks were just the very beginning.

Two years.

Two years ago we met this little girl in the Newark airport and her Mom.


Who knew these two would become such important people in our lives.  Lara, you are such a blessing to me... one I never expected, but God sure blessed me that day in the Newark airport when I heard you say "SOPHIE"!  



and... we boarded that LONG flight, where they served burritos in the middle of the night, or was it the day?  and I was stuck in the middle seat, next a guy that slept the WHOLE time, and I could barely move.  and it was not fun.

I think I am going to try to write about these memories over the next two weeks... how I remember them now... and how they shaped where we are today.


Wanna come along?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Can't wait to walk down memory lane with you!

    ReplyDelete