Thursday, September 8, 2011

sleeping beauty





First.... I should be congratulated. Last Friday (slight delay in my posts as of late), I got all four kids to off to school and daycare and I was at work by 8:50. Somewhat presentable... well, accept for the hole in my shirt that my boss pointed out to me mid-morning.


Pathetic.

My co-workers will tell you... 8:50... THAT right there is a miracle. I'm usually more likely to arrive about about 9:10. I know. I know. To the rest of the working world 8:50 is really late to start a work day. But, I don't think the rest of the working world has four kids. At least that's what I keep telling myself anyway.


Grace and Devin very happily went to daycare.



I cried.



Mid-day... my awesome daycare teachers sent me a text with the above picture.



Sound asleep on her little cot, monkey tucked ever so safely under her arm. I was told she hadn't moved in 1.5 hours.


She hadn't cried all day... except just once when she caught a glimpse of Devin playing outside. She missed her brother and wanted to go play with him. So sweet.



We are one full week into the school year... how many left?

No comments:

Post a Comment