Thursday, September 23, 2010

Aching heart

Today, my heart is aching for a mother I have, and will never, meet. The mother that carried our Grace in her womb for 9 months. The mother that suffered the pains of child birth and was likely the first to hold her as she took her first few breaths on earth. The mother that held her, comforted her and loved her for two days… and then made a decision I cannot bare to even think about.

We don’t and we will never know the reasons for the decisions Grace’s biological mother had to make. When Grace is older and she asks “Why?” I will have no answer to give her. This pains me more than you can even possibly imagine.

Today, I have been in deep prayer for Grace
and her biological mother. I pray that on the day Grace is placed in our arms that somewhere deep in her mother’s soul there is a sense of peace. Peace that comes not from understanding or knowledge but peace that only God can provide.

And, from one mother to another, from the very depths of my soul, I thank her.

No comments:

Post a Comment