Thursday, July 1, 2010

Crabby Mom

Breaking up this blog-of-happiness for some REAL life stuff. It's not all ice cream and walks on the beach. :)

There are days when I feel like a completely TERRIBLE mom.

I don't want to play, I don't want to give a bath, make a meal, or fetch a snack. I don't even want to laugh.

I question my ability to parent properly. On any given day my children have temper tantrums, are disrespectful, argue and are just plain mean to one another. Do "good Mom's" have kids that do these things?

On these days... I question everything.

Am I screwing these kids up? Are they going to look back at their childhood and hate me? Is it wrong that I don't want to play with them? and that there are days when their sweet little voices drive me CRAZY?

And of course I think "what are we doing"?

I have trouble parenting the three we have. HOW are we going to do this?

Can I parent a child who is adopted? Can I parent a child with special needs... whether they are physical or emotional or both? Am I going to screw up ANOTHER child? Does this child deserve a really crabby Mom?

I don't have the answer to these questions. Not today anyway.

I do my best, but often my best just doesn't seem very good.

Sigh.

I'm grateful for my husband who seems to do it all so much better than me. And I'm grateful for my sweet friends that keep it real and give me assurance that I'm doing OK. Thanks friends!

And I pray that tomorrow I'll do it all a little better.






1 comment:

  1. I think we all have days like that!! I remember when we were waiting for S-girl...I called up D-man one day and said...WHAT ARE WE DOING?? I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE 2!!!

    Thankfully, He gives grace for each circumstance!!

    ReplyDelete