Friday, June 14, 2013

End of School Year Random Thoughts


Random thoughts whining...

For the love of all things good and evil…

PLEASE do not ask me to remember ONE MORE THING.

My brain is on complete overload.

In the past two days… we received FIVE invitations to end of year parties. I love parties and all. But how am I supposed to get my kids to all of these parties?!

Two of them are swim parties, for the two kids in my house that don’t yet swim. Which means, I think I have to attend IN A BATHING SUIT and make sure they don’t drown.

If one more baseball game gets rained out and pushed to the next day… I’m going to jump in the swollen river down the street.

Now is the time of year for...

...field days (which means sunscreen needs to be applied before school and water bottles filled)
...dress like a series book character day… requires makeup and a costume.
...sports day… every one trying to find their favorite sporting equipment to bring to school 3 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.

"Mom, can you drive me… my golf clubs don’t fit on the bus".

Really?!

Concerts

"Mom, I need black pants, and a white shirt, and I can’t find my belt, and my shoes don’t fit"

Library books lost…. Pay the fines.  I'm convinced that I, and my dear children, are not responsible enough to take out books from the libary. 

"Mom can you cook 20 potatoes and cut onions for the Civil War encampment at school?".

6 year old's special week at school… supposed to bring in snack. I forgot. Promised 6 year old "I WON'T forget tomorrow".

I forgot.

"Mom, I can’t find any socks to wear". Yeah, that cause 5 loads of clean laundry are sitting in baskets unfolded. Go search for some.

I believe the hermit crabs haven’t been fed in two weeks. I gave them water. Hopefully that’s enough to sustain them.

I just do not understand why kids need to eat three meals (and several snacks) a day? I can't keep up with that right now.

It has rained 10 inches in the last week. Our failing septic system doesn't like it one bit. Nothing like shop-vac'ing dirty rain water from the basement floor at 3am.

Do I sound like I am whining?  Yeah, maybe I am.

School's out in t-minus 12 days. That means, I gain a stay-at-home husband for a couple months too! 

So, I'll be back to my normal, cheerful and not so forgetful self, by July 1. 

Hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're cutting yourself some slack!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you on the baseball thing. My cousins daughters game got rained out and then the next day because it was a tournament and her team kept winning played all day long. Literally! Hope some relaxation is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete